"Help CHILDLINE 1098 Raise Funds For Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Flood Relief"
Childline India Foundation
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Districts experienced unprecedented floods due to the Godavari River flood last week. The flood wreaked havoc in six districts of Andhra Pradesh (East Godavari, West Godavari, Konaseema, Eluru, Allurisitarama Raju (ASR), Kakinada and UT Yanam and 3 districts of Telangana namely Mulugu, Jayashanker Bupalpally and Bhadradri Kothagudem.
Situation of children and families while the water is receding
• The houses are totally submerged in the water for some families, it may take 10 to 15 days for the water to recede in the villages. Some Households are lost and severely damaged not able to accommodate their families even after receding of floods
• Sanitation facilities are completely lost; women are struggling to find safe space for their sanitation and hygiene needs.
• No safe drinking water available to drink
• Due to contamination water, overflow of mud and drainages immediate risk diseases.
• The pregnant and new born children and women are severely affected.
• Affected by snakes and other harmful insects .
• Pregnant women, lactating mothers, children, the elderly in the shelters and outside the shelters do not have access to need based medication or other requirements.
• The livestock were scattered and ran away and some livestock were washed away. The paddy farms, banana gardens, all other crops were totally washed away.
• The people were evacuated with the little things what they can carry along with them the rest of the house items everything was left behind in their homes which are now submerged in the water.
We need your support to help families and children for immediate support
Cost of nutrition kit for a family of four for one month For every 25 families- 40,000
Cost of school supplies kit for every 25 children– Rs. 30 000
Cost of Uniform (2pairs), footwear and school bag for every 25 children – 40,000
We are seeking funds to provide basic relief support at this point, by surveying the affected people to identify their immediate needs and provide those items at the earliest and in the most efficient manner with our dedicated field teams.
Regardless of how big or small a donation is, this could go a long way in fulfilling their needs. We request all friends and well-wishers to come forward and kindly contribute. Let us come together and help Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for a speedy recovery.